Re: World broadcast

Roger Lee Boston (rboston@tenet.edu)
Wed, 30 Aug 1995 23:34:48 -0500 (CDT)

Creative Labs seems rather disorganized from the exchanges I have had
with them and they could easily miss this opportunity for expanding their
product.

OK I will soften my phrase from
"great" to simply "acceptable" but add that with stunning full dup sound
and a good whiteboard and a 50 inch display my students thought their
lessons from my cabin in the Rockies were .. yes, "great". They got hand
drawings as I spoke, saw clips from several of my video tapes, saw a great
"slide show" and some really neat views of the snow in the hills from out
my window and the white water in the river behind the cabin. I drew a
lot of sketches for them with my pen-mouse and they occasionally
mak\rked on my drawings from their end. They raised their hands to ask
questions and I could hear them to the back of the room. It felt a lot
like I was right there in the room with them.

To me, 6 or 7 frames/sec on POTS borders on magic when you consider what
else is happening besides the video.