Re: World broadcast

Richard Collins (rcollins@mirror.det.mun.ca)
Thu, 31 Aug 1995 18:30:11 -0230

The greatest two lessons from the Sharevision system is the inclusion of
fairly standard hardware compression (indeo) and a 95% priority towards
audio quality when bandwidth times are tough.

I dare say we're better off waiting for those things to be brought to
CUSeeme whether by Cornell or White Pines. No doubt you're right in
assuming that Cornell's experience on network traffic/compression issues
is invaluable.

I'm not picking on CUSeeme. I use it; I love it. I'm making it work for
some pretty exciting applications. Like all the users I'm kinda eager
for the above two changes to be considered.