Re:Can't Run CU-SEEME

Dennis J. Streveler (strev@mobius.net)
Wed, 31 Jul 1996 22:49:16 -0700

At 07:45 PM 7/31/96 -0500, Bill Woodland wrote:
>>Date: Wed, 31 Jul 1996 17:34:37 -0400
>>Sender: owner-CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu
>>From: Joe Sommer <ninja@idirect.com>
>>To: <CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu>
>>Subject: Can't Run CU-SEEME
>>
>>Hi, I was able to run the program before, and now I just get the
>>audio window appearing, I don't have the window that allows me
>>to connect to a reflector site...what happened? is this just a
>>trial version that goes corrupt after a few usages?
>>
>>Joe
>>

>If you're using win95, it should be on the task bar. RIGHT mouse click it
>on the task bar, then LEFT click on MOVE. Using the CURSOR KEYS, move UP
>and LEFT until the wire-frame is visible, then hit ENTER to drop it there.
>This happens ONLY when you exit cu-seeme with a window MINIMIZED.
>
>Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
>Squeek on Undernet IRC
>Channel Manager #CU-SeeMe
>PC only. See no MAC, Hear no MAC, Speak no MAC.
>NEW URL: http://cu-seeme.cornell.edu/~WCW

Bill and Joe,

This kind of nonsense is one of the incredibly poor user-interface
engineering features of CU. To be frank, its user interface is a mess. All I
can say is (in Windows95) my taskbar is cluttered with such a mess of
windows that I dare not switch to another application while CU is running
for fear that it will take me seemingly an eternity to bring all the CU
windows back to the foreground, probably missing one in the process.

Dennis

Systems Consultant | CIS: 71036,1645
| web: www.usr.mobius.net/strev
-Future Technologies in Medicine / | CUSeeMe: ws1.streveler.xo.com
Methodologies | 415 469-9476 fax