Re: modem upgrade

Rob Fleetwood (ROBFLEET@ix.Netcom.com)
Thu, 01 Aug 1996 14:59:53 -0700

I think, though this is only empirical from my perspective, that with
Netcom, many times the slowness problem seems to be exacerbated by
Netcruiser's Winsock. I have, from time to time, bypassed Netcruiser
and used the Winsock that White Pine sends you on the last disk with ECU
and it seems repeat seems to improve the video refresh. You may want
to try that and see if it helps, if you're a Netcom/Netcruiser user.

Rob