Re: modem upgrade

Ron Elkayam (relkay01@fiu.edu)
Thu, 1 Aug 1996 16:58:53 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 1 Aug 1996, JayHill wrote:

> Ted Akins wrote:
> >
> > I just upgraded from 14.4-28.8. I was expecting a dramatic improvement
> > according to all I've read,ie, faqs and postings to this list. Maybe
> > I'm doing something wrong.I still get spurts of audio and maybe 3/4 of
> > a full video screen. Netcom is my ISP. Here is my cuseeme.ini file.
> > Any help is appreciated.
> > [Settings]
>
> netcom..... ( slow com )....
> i didnt see any change from 14.4 to 28.8 on netcom...
> becase the netcom throughput was only about 6kbs!!!!
>
> look for a new isp ....

Good idea, boys:

http://thelist.iworld.com/ Do your research and be happy

You probably won't believe it, but there's a company here in the Miami
area that charges $10.64/mo (incl taxes, no connection fee) for 28.8
connections unlimited (tho with no homepage/storage=$5 extra). And from
what I hear, they're pretty fast too! The way it was explained to me on
"how can you possibly do that" by the chief of sales there (a student at
my school) was: "we are primarily a LD company, so we got lots of lines to
spare..."

oh, www.worldpass.com Don't have an account with them cuz I got my edu
one (but of course!) If they don't block UDP, I'll definitely sign up one
of my relatives w/them pretty soon...

Ron