Re: Speed required for CUSeeMe

George P Lois (gpl@mail.wincom.net)
Thu, 01 Aug 1996 22:41:19 GMT

On Thu, 01 Aug 1996 08:09:22 -0700, you wrote:

>It is nearly impossible to use CU at 14.4. I have never heard of a case
>where anybody gets more than an occasional partial still frame at 14.4. It
>is just not enough bandwidth.

For me, Cu-Seeme worked just as well with my old 14.4 than my new 28.8
(except I get some delightful sound bursts now...). Okay, the screen
is pixilated, the refresh is slow, but otherwise it is a miraculous
program. Heaven sent. It is wonderful how much you can see the
people personality shine thru such a small picture. You see people's
faces... People's eyes. Wonderful.

George
gpl@wincom.net
http://www.wincom.net/~gpl