Re: Video Camera and CU-SEEME

Ron Elkayam (relkay01@fiu.edu)
Fri, 2 Aug 1996 02:19:10 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 2 Aug 1996, Joe Sommer wrote:

> Has anyone successfully hooked up a video camera (Sony handycam etc.)
> to an installed video board or TV card? -I have a Compaq Presario with
> the TV card installed and I can hook up a VCR or a camera to the system.
>
> I'm wondering if this will work with CU-SEEME...I don't currently have a
> camera, but would consider buying one rather than a Connectix cam which I
> hear (from the list) isn't the best alternative.

Hook your VCR to the TV card, make sure it shows some kind of live
(moving) image on the screen. Install CU-Doodle
ftp://ftp.netcom.com/pub/ne/neisius/cudoodle.zip

Test it. It should definitely work. You can now happily purchase a
camcorder and hook it to your TV card instead of the VCR.

(Read the docs, CUDOODLE.TXT in the zip file for detailed explanation on
how and why it will work.)

Ron