Re: Video Camera and CU-SEEME

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Sat, 03 Aug 1996 00:45:03 -0500

At 01:22 AM 8/2/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Has anyone successfully hooked up a video camera (Sony handycam etc.)
>to an installed video board or TV card? -I have a Compaq Presario with
>the TV card installed and I can hook up a VCR or a camera to the system.
>
>I'm wondering if this will work with CU-SEEME...I don't currently have a
>camera, but would consider buying one rather than a Connectix cam which I
>hear (from the list) isn't the best alternative.
>
>Any suggestions or input would be appreciated.
>
>Joe

Joe:

It depends on what kind of video card the Presario has. There is a list of
compatible video capture cards in the directory at Cornell where you would
pick up the latest version of CU-SeeMe. Get the file called "compat.txt"
and see if your video capture card is in there.

The full URL is ftp://cu-seeme.cornell.edu/pub/video/PC.CU-SeeMeCurrent/

If it's not in the list, you can do what Ron says in his msg about CUDOODLE.

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Squeek on Undernet IRC
Channel Manager #CU-SeeMe