Re: CUSEEME banned!!

Daniel W. Erskine (derskine@apci.net)
Sat, 03 Aug 1996 17:03:41 -0500

LiDaNe wrote:
> GEORGE, DANIEL And LISTERS:
> I just received an e-mail from my ISP that CUSEEME is being banned...
> questions: 1- will FreeVue still be useable?
> 2- are there any workarounds to this dilemma
> 3- what is network video
> IF ANYBODY can help with ideas, softwares, anything, please let me
> know... I guess I will have to bid farewell to CU and all else...
> unless my CompuServe internet dialer account would support CU...
> I never tried it and It gets expensive after those first five hours.
> Dave Lucas

Greetings:
I'm not sure!?! Some ISP's filter their internet traffic, to allow your basic
protocols through (i.e. - telnet, ftp, http (web), gopher, SMTP/POP3, nntp, etc.)
Any other protocols can be "blocked" from passing outside the ISP's internet line.
This is called "firewalling", though I'm sure you know about that already.

Hope this helps,

PHONE: (618) 233-5332 "http://www.apci.net/~derskine"