Re:Color quickcam (2)

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Mon, 05 Aug 1996 17:36:24 -0500

>Date: Mon, 5 Aug 1996 16:56:31 -0200 (GRNLNDDT)
>Sender: owner-CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu
>From: Ivo de Carvalho Peixinho <ivocarv@ufba.br>
>To: <CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu>
>Subject: Color quickcam (2)
>

> I tried the Cuseeme gray codec, but all i got is a grey screen :( any
>more ideas?
>
>+-----------------------------------------------------------------------+
>| Ivo de Carvalho "Fish" Peixinho Federal University of Bahia, Brazil |
>| CPD - UFBA Centro de Processamento de Dados |
>| Tecnico de Suporte Divisao de suporte (DISUP) |
>| e-mail: ivocarv@ufba.br Homepage: http://www.ufba.br/~ivocarv |
>| PGP public key at: finger ivocarv@canudos.ufba.br |
>+-----------------------------------------------------------------------+
> "Life is Harash, your tequila shouldn't be"

Ivo: Life is "HARSH" not Harash. I drink Herradurra Silver :)

As I sent in my previous message:

The workaround is this:

edit the cuseeme.ini file
find the [capture settings] section
change the line CaptureDepth= from 24 to 16
save and exit
startup Enhanced CU-SeeMe (user gets an all-white local video window)
go to preferences - change codec to color.

You MUST chose the COLOR Codec. From David Bundy at White Pine:

>3) Will the Color QuickCam work with the CU-SeeMe Gray codec?
> NO. The CU-SeeMe Gray (Cornell's) codec requires RGB 8 input. The color
> QuickCam only supplies RGB 16 and RGB 24.
>
> Thousands(Uncompressed) = RGB 16
> Million Colors = RGB 24

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Squeek on Undernet IRC