Re:Microsoft's Windows '95 tcpip client

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Thu, 08 Aug 1996 23:42:50 -0500

>Date: Thu, 08 Aug 1996 18:18:14 -0500
>Sender: owner-CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu
>From: "Gary K. Webber" <gkweb@busboy.sped.ukans.edu>
>To: <CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu>
>Subject: Microsoft's Windows '95 tcpip client
>
>Hi Folks!
> I have been lurking for a while, and have visited many FAQs
>and users guides, even browsed the archives, but have not found
>the answer to this question. The "compat.txt" file asserts that
>CUSeeMe will work with Microsoft's Windows '95 tcpip client,
>but when I try to launch, it can't find tcpman.exe. Is there a work-around?
> I am using WO.84B7 on a Pentium 133 with Win 95, a Best Data
>28.8, and a QuickCam. Everything works fine under Trumpet, but I
>like the '95 client, it seems easier to use and more reliable (at least
>until now). I apologize if this has been dealt with before.
>
>Thanks!
>
>Gary

The solution to this is to make sure that you only have ONE copy of
winsock.dll, make sure it is in the windows\system directory, and that it's
the one that's about 40k in size. Mine is 42080 bytes and is dated 7/11/95.
The winsock.dll file that comes with Trumpet is being loaded for some
reason, and it's coded in that file to look for tcpman.exe. The winsock.dll
file that I have for my old trumpet v2.0b is 145,152 bytes and is dated
11/03/94.

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Squeek on Undernet IRC
Channel Manager #CU-SeeMe