Re:New Cuseeme User

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Sun, 11 Aug 1996 19:25:03 -0500

>Date: Sun, 11 Aug 1996 16:36:50 -0700
>Sender: owner-CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu
>From: didodo <didodo@mitanet.ch>
>To: <CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu>
>Subject: New Cuseeme User
>
>Hi
>
>I just bought a B/W Connectix Quickcam for windows with the videophone
>software, just to experience the new world of CUSEEME.
>
>Now I have three little questions:
>
>1.) Do I need a special CUSEEME software or is the videophone software,
>which was delivered with the camera enough ?? If I need, were can I get
>it ??

Videophone software isn't compatible with CU-SeeMe. Get the free verison of
CU-SeeMe at http://cu-seeme.cornell.edu and follow the links to get the pc
or mac version. Get a SERIAL NUMBER and the DEMO of White Pine's version at
http://www.wpine.com This version will work for 30 days, and then you will
have to pay to get it to work after that. The White Pine version is based
on the Cornell version, and has been enhanced.

>2.) Are there public cuseeme sites, just to try, if it works ?? How do I
>connect to them ??

Get a refletor list from the reflector section of my web page at
http://cu-seeme.cornell.edu/~WCW Read

>3.) Is there a service or a list of available CUSEEME user on the net ??

The neatest thing I've seen lately is the reflector scanner that PeopleNet
has setup. the URL is http://www.face2face.com/CU-SeeMe/ This page has a
short list which tells you how many people are on the reflectors, and a
longer list which actually tells you who was on which reflector the last
time it was scanned. This is very handy for trying to find where your
friends are.

>Thank you very much for an answer.
>
>Giuseppe

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)