Re: Surviellance/Monitoring

Ron Elkayam (relkay01@fiu.edu)
Tue, 13 Aug 1996 15:12:26 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 13 Aug 1996, Nancy Ketring wrote:

> I don't think CU-SeeMe was intended as a surveillance tool. If by
> surveillance you mean spying on people. To me that seems an invasion of
> privacy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would hope this software would be used for the
> benefit of people and not the benefit of snoops!!

You are the most paranoid person I've ever met.

Who CARES what CU-SeeMe was originally for? You think the Internet was
intended for you to use CU-SeeMe in the first place?

Jesus Harold Christ, the guy didn't even mentioned the word "snooping".
If you had half a brain you would realize he could get caught VERY easily
if he tried to use CU-SeeMe for illegal purposes. You think having a few
thousand witnesses to your crime is a smart move?

Ron