Re: IR Lighting

Steven Rogers (srogers@mcc.com)
Tue, 13 Aug 1996 12:23:44 -0500

>At 19:11 13/08/96 -0400, Francisco Neria wrote:

>Your idea sounded so interesting for me that a few moments ago, here at home
>I made an experiment.
>
>On a dark room, I turned on an Infraphil Phillips infrared lamp (150W) and
>aimed the QuickCam to the same target. Result: An image with better
>definition than with normal incandescent lamps. Shortcoming of the test:
>This lamps have a *lot* of visible red components, because are the ones used
>for medical purposes, and not intended to be pure IR sources.

If the QuickCam lens is not color corrected (and it probably isn't) then
using light of one color (any color) would improve the image quality
slightly.

Steve

[|] Steven Rogers (srogers@mcc.com) http://www.mcc.com/~srogers
[|] Microelectronics and Computer Technology Corporation (MCC)
[|] Research & Development Division, 3500 W Balcones Center Drive
[|] Austin, TX 78759-6502 voice: (512) 338-3691 FAX: (512) 338-3890