RE: IR Lighting

Steve Rogers (srogers@mcc.com)
Wed, 14 Aug 96 13:43:21 CDT

> From: "John W.Osborne" <josborne@magna.com.au>
>
> Optics isn't my field, but you comment interested me.
> Why is this so about the one colour improving picture quality?

Different colors of light are "bent" different amounts as they pass
through a lens (physics thing). High quality lenses use elements of
two different types of glass cemented together to compensate for this
effect (called chromatic abberation). The QuickCam is designed to be
more-or-less in focus for anything more than a foot or so away - and
the resolution isn't much, compared to photographic film or a video
camera - so the color effect might not even be observable.

Steve