Re:Reflector problem

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Fri, 16 Aug 1996 23:33:41 -0500

>Date: Fri, 16 Aug 96 23:41:23 0100
>Sender: owner-CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu
>From: Hahn Pham <caep0012@paisley.ac.uk>
>To: <CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu>
>Subject: Reflector problem
>
>Hi there,
>
> I been connecting to some reflector sites using CuCme (PC with
>no camera or mic, yet), but after a while a message appear
>saying " Time Out, closed connection". I then tried to reconnect
>again, it then give me a message of "No response". However, it
>works once I closed Cucme window, reboot it up (just cucme window not 3.X) and
>start the connection. Can some one tell me what is happening here?
>
>Million Thanks
>
>Hahn
>
>http://www.strath.ac.uk/~cadv196
> or
>http://diana40.paisley.ac.uk/~caep0012

I'm assuming (I know, this is dangerous:) ) that you are using the Cornell
client, not the White Pine client. The most common problem with the Cornell
client is the receive rate is set to 300k as a default, and if you don't
have a video device then you can't change this setting without editing the
c:\windows\cuseeme.ini file by hand.

Open up c:\windows\cuseeme.ini with NOTEPAD, find the [flow] section, and
change your recvmax= setting to match the speed of your modem. This has
fixed the problem for many users of the Cornell client.

Of course, if you are using the White Pine client and have your receive rate
set higher than your modem speed, you may have this problem, also. Click on
edit/preferences, then on the communications tab, and change your receive
settings in that dialog box.

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Squeek on Undernet IRC
Channel Manager #CU-SeeMe