Re: CU-SEEME & GNN

Tomkiewicz@aol.com
Sun, 18 Aug 1996 12:08:19 -0400

In a message dated 96-08-17 07:30:38 EDT, RayStrano writes:

> Has anyone had any experience setting up CU-SEEME on GNN? GNN
> doesn't supply a DNS or IP address. I could use some help.

I have used both the Cornell and White Pine PC versions on GNN. Just connect
to GNN via GNN Connect, minimize and then run CU-SeeMe. If you are just
trying to connect to a reflector, you don't need to know your IP address. If
you are trying to connect one-to-one and want to find out what yours is, open
your browser and go to:

http://www.ei.org/cgi-public/ip1

to find your address. If you are using Netscape, it will display on the
screen; if you are using GNN Works, then the address will download in a file
called

ip1wwgnn.com, which you will have to open as a local file to get your
address, which you will then have to transmit to whoever you want to connect
to you one-on-one while you're still online. I have to confess that I have
not been able to get audio working with either version, either on a reflector
or one-to-one.

If you want to try to connect one-to-one, e-mail and we can try to arrange a
session.

regards,

Bob Tomkiewicz