Re: Trying to get full-duplex audio with 2 sound blasters

Ron Elkayam (relkay01@fiu.edu)
Wed, 21 Aug 1996 19:16:56 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 21 Aug 1996, Daniel P. Kamalic wrote:

> Hi. It's been my understanding for a while that one can get full
> duplex audio using two half-duplex cards. Right now, we've got two Sound
> Blaster Awe32's connected to a Pentium running Windoze 95. Win95 detects
> both of them, and we have one set to play and the other set to record
> audio. But still, CU-SeeMe is giving us only half-duplex, and does not
> allow us to deselect that annoying Push To Talk button.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas???

The AWE32 is Full Duplex by using the latest drivers from Creative Labs.
You need TWO files:
http://www.creaf.com/creative/drivers/sb16awe/s16dw3up.exe
http://www.creaf.com/creative/drivers/sb16awe/awedw3up.exe

Install them in the order above too (s16 then awe).

Ron