Re:Color Quick Cam and Free CU-SEEME?

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Thu, 22 Aug 1996 18:45:46 -0500

>Date: Sat, 24 Aug 1996 14:07:15 -0400
>Sender: owner-CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu
>From: "G. M. Durrence" <gmd@bellsouth.net>
>To: <CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu>
>Subject: Color Quick Cam and Free CU-SEEME?
>
>I am trying to get my new Color Quick Cam to work with CU-SEEME and all
>I get is a white local screen. Connectix says the color Quick Cam will
>only work with the White Pine version of CU-SEEME. I got the feeling
>they were feeding me a line. Do I have to break down and pay for the
>software?

Yes, you will. The Cornell client was written before the Color Quickcam
existed, so it doesn't know how to support it. It doesn't support color
cameras at all, and neither does the Cornell reflector program. Go to
http://www.wpine.com and follow the CU-seeME links to downlaod the 30 day
demo. Be sure to get a registration number from there, also, which is
required to install the program.

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Squeek on Undernet IRC
Channel Manager #CU-SeeMe