Re: Efficient Audio stream (running Televox + CU-SeeMe together)

Ron Elkayam (relkay01@fiu.edu)
Fri, 23 Aug 1996 04:00:25 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 22 Aug 1996, Paul Eykamp wrote:

> I have the software you described downloaded, how did you install it to get
> it to work with CUSME?

Paul, I didn't. I can't run either TeleVox OR CU-SeeMe on my
slow/spaceless PC. I would assume you'd run it by simply disabling the
audio functionality in CU-SeeMe, and then running TeleVox in the
background (minimized). Of course, the other party will have to have
TeleVox as well if you want to receive audio from them. (In other words,
you run TeleVox, they run TeleVox, you call them on TeleVox thus beginning
an audio session, you minimize TeleVox to run in the background).

It's not a "clean" solution, I know... :)

Ron
P.S., "Bill Woodland (Squeek)" <wcw@bga.com> was looking for someone
to test TeleVox+CUSeeMe with. Drop him a line if you wanna.