Re: ECU (2.01) $ Win95

Ron Elkayam (relkay01@fiu.edu)
Fri, 23 Aug 1996 17:48:41 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 23 Aug 1996, Joe wrote:

> So, the B/W Quickcam software is fresh, along with the updated software
> from Connectix, the ECU software has just been installed so it has fresh
> .INI's. It used to work just fine in the same system, same w95 platform.
> Now I get less than 2 FPS while idle (not connected) and barely SEND 1 FPS
> whereas before I attained 8-10 FPS while idle and when connected 3-5 FPS.
>
> Even the Connectix software runs very S L O W L Y, the Quickpic program
> generates the same 2 FPS!!!
>
> To me it resembles the performance of the color Quickie, really slowing down
> the system.

> Any suggestions??

If the system works fine, and then suddenly stops working while no change
was done to the system, it's a good chance the problem is not w/ your
system... I know for a fact Netcom in some parts of CA used to be fine
and now is a piece of sht for videoconferencing purposes. Try going to a
friend's house who subscribes to a different ISP and test it or have him
login to his account from your system to isolate the problem. If it's
the ISP, switch it. A good ISP for your area could be found after a
little sifting through:

http://www.thelist.com

Ron