Re:"enhanced" CU-SeeMe ?

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Fri, 23 Aug 1996 23:10:30 -0500

>Date: Fri, 23 Aug 1996 11:13:06 -0800
>Sender: owner-CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu
>From: zebra@isomedia.com
>To: <CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu>
>Subject: "enhanced" CU-SeeMe ?
>
>I have seen "enhanced" CU-SeeMe for the Mac advertised in some Mac
>magazines, usually bundled with a QuickCam. I looks to be about $50 more
>than a QuickCam by itself.
>
>What is the difference between the free CU-SeeMe and "Enhanced" CU-SeeMe?
>Is there a website somewhere that describes the difference?
>
>Thanks.

Good question. My webpage doesn't have this info, tho I should add it.
Here's the basics:

The enhanced version is much more stable than the Cornell version, in my
opinion. It supports COLOR, has better audio and video
compression/decompression (codec) routines, and there is less overhead in
sending the participant list information, which results in more bandwidth
for audio and video.

It also has a much improved phone book (reflector listing) which allows you
to save a conference ID for a private reflector, and to add any particular
reflector to a "favorite" list, which cna be connected to from the
Conference/Call menu selection, instead of having to open the phone book and
dial it from there.

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Squeek on Undernet IRC
Channel Manager #CU-SeeMe