Re:CU-SeeMe, CU-Doodle, and NT 3.51

Jacqueline Chados (jackie@sri.webmate.com)
Thu, 29 Aug 1996 15:05:29 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 28 Aug 1996, Bill Woodland (Squeek) wrote:

> First of all, make up your mind which version you're going to use and stick
> with it. The Cornell version and the White Pine version both put their
> cuseeme.ini file in the windows directory, which is something I'VE
> complained about since the first WP version. These two version put
> different info into the file, and it's possible to get it so screwed up by
> bouncing back and forth between the two versions that the Cornell version
> just won't connect to anything.

Thanks for making this clear. I'm planning to try the WP version soon and
would have had real problems without this bit of information. It does
seem really STUPID for WP to do this with their version. I hope they are
LISTENING to this list.

> The CaptureDeviceIndex in the cuseeme.ini file is ZERO

Apparently this only works for the WP version. When I put it in the
cu-seeme .ini file, and set it =1, it didn't do a thing differently
even though I have msivdeo1 set for cu-doodle.

Regards,
Jackie