Re:CU-SeeMe, CU-Doodle, and NT 3.51

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Thu, 29 Aug 1996 23:11:27 -0500

At 03:05 PM 8/29/96 -0400, you wrote:
>> The CaptureDeviceIndex in the cuseeme.ini file is ZERO
>
>Apparently this only works for the WP version. When I put it in the
>cu-seeme .ini file, and set it =1, it didn't do a thing differently
>even though I have msivdeo1 set for cu-doodle.

Yes, the Cornell version will ONLY use the "msvideo=..." line. You don't
have the option of using another video captur edriver without going into
system.ini and changing the "msvideo=" line to the other driver. IF you do
this, there is no need to restart windows...just be sure CU is closed when
you do this, and then restarting CU should make it use the new driver.

I used to do this when I had a captivator card AND the quickcam:

Run sysedit to edit system.ini and set the [drivers] section like this for
Quickcam:
;msvideo=vlcap.drv
msvideo=quickcam.drv

and later on:

Run sysedit to edit system.ini and set the [drivers] section like this for
Captivator:
msvideo=vlcap.drv
;msvideo=quickcam.drv

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)