Re: I've Learn alot. . .

Ron Elkayam (relkay01@fiu.edu)
Fri, 30 Aug 1996 10:06:46 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 29 Aug 1996, Theresa F. McGraw wrote:

> 1. Is it possible to use on my end a color (which I have) on my end and
> another user using a b&w camera? I know that I'll only receive b&w, Will
> the other person receive color?

If they're running the commercial version (White Pines), the other party
will receive color.

> 2. Is the Cu-SeeMee better than using an internet phone, especially when
> someone is overseas?

It depends on your preferences and on the other party's abilities... Do
you prefer seeing them or hearing them? If they type slow as hell you
might prefer using a phone instead (cuz the audio portion of CUSeeMe won't
be that great especially in bad connections = overseas). In other
words, you must choose between getting Video or Audio. If both of you
type fast enough, you'll probably prefer seeing live video (more fun).

If you're asking the question in order to know whether to invest in a
quickcam, then you might want to try using Iphone 4.0 (demo) with the
other party, first: http://www.vocaltec.com If the sound quality is
good, then you can safely say video quality would also be good when/if you
get a quickcam and run CUSeeMe. If the sound quality is crap, you should
first try to solve it (if at all possible) before spending on a (then)
useless quickcam.

Ron