Re:NT problem

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Sat, 31 Aug 1996 17:43:54 -0500

>Date: Fri, 30 Aug 1996 22:15:52 +1000
>Sender: owner-CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu
>From: David Tangye <dtangye@ozemail.com.au>
>To: <CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu>
>Subject: NT problem
>
>Hi all,
>
>Just loaded CU_Seeme onto NT 3.51.
>
>Every IP address I try gives a dialog box 'No response from (ip
>address)'
>
>What gives? The ip addresses are pasted from the web pages that
>show the reflectors, with the count of lurkers and transmitters and
>time last used etc; so I am assuming I am feeding the correct ip
>address into cu-seeme.

IF you're using the Cornell version, it comes with a DEFAULT receive rate of
300kbps, and modem users can't receive that fast. This causes a lot of the
"No Response" messages.

IF you have no video capture device, you will have to use NOTEPAD to edit
c:\windows\cuseeme.ini to adjust these settings. Make sure CU-SeeMe is
CLOSED before doing this. Look for the [flow] section, and change the
settings like this:

[Flow Control]
MaxCap=28
MinCap=10
MaxRecvCap=28
MinRecvCap=10
CurrentRecvCap=0
UseFlowControl=Yes

Use 19 if you have a 14.4 modem, instead of the 28 that you see above. Save
the file, and restart CU-seeMe. This should help quite a bit.

If you're using the White PIne version, you can change these settings from
Edit/Preferences, under the "Communications" tab, whether you have a video
capture device or not.

If your settings are correct already, try connecting to the same reflector 3
or 4 times in succession...this seems to help sometimes, too.

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Squeek on Undernet IRC
Channel Manager #CU-SeeMe