Re: IP translation problem

Mike Baranowski (mhb@netcom.com)
Mon, 4 Aug 1997 12:47:15 -0500

msaurfelt@acorus.fr wrote:
>I have installed recently an ACC Congo ISDN router to connect to my
>ISP. This router does automatic address translation between my local
>Ethernet and the IP given by the ISP.
>
>Everything works fine, except that when I connect to a CU-seeme ref.
>people never see what I type in the "chat" window (I see it). They
>have my video and I have theirs, and I have also the messages of
>the chat window.
>
>If anybody has an idea about what's going on, I'll be very happy !
>
>(this does the same with Cornell or White Pine CU-seeme)
>
>Marc Saurfelt

Marc:

I am assuming you are using the Mac version? I've tested NAT...

Cornell Mac .87b1 - doesn't work
White Pine Mac 2.0 - doesn't work

Cornell Windows (pre .92) - doesn't work
White Pine Windows (>2.11) - DOES work

It appears that with certain reflectors and the latest White Pine versions,
it will work. The Mac 3.0 should work (hopefully).

In addition, I don't know if you can do this on your router, but you need
to redirect the ports (I think 7640 - 52) to the IP in use on your local
LAN.

-Mike Baranowski
Jeeves