Re: V-Cam vs. QuickCam Color

Roberto Del Bianco (r.delbianco@agora.stm.it)
Fri, 08 Aug 1997 11:24:39 +0200 (MET DST)

On 06-Aug-97 Rolf Hemmerling wrote:

>Note that You bought the wrong cam. Just for the Quickcam b/w, the
>protocol specifications are open for anybody, so that people may
>build drivers for other os.

So only BW QuickCam can be used by other o.s.? And what happens with OS/2? Is
my VCam compatible for it? (it could be an idea for me, to reinstall ad old OS/2
Warp package instead of Windows 3.1...)

But how DOS/Win Cu-Seeme packages do recognize both Quickam and VCam? Isn't it
a sign of hardware compatibility?

>/ / http://home.pages.de/~rolf.hemmerling/

Wow! My BEST COMPLIMENTS for your Web page!! It's full of interesting links, so
I quickly included it into my bookmark file...

Bye bye!
Roberto Del Bianco in "Sesto Fiorentino" near Florence, Italy.
E-Mail: Roberto Del Bianco <r.delbianco@agora.stm.it>
On Fidonet Network: Roberto DelBianco (2:332/102.10)
On PeaceLink Network: Roberto DelBianco (61:392/8.7)

Date: 08-Aug-97, Time: 11:29:04

This message was sent by XF-Mail