Re: V-Cam vs. QuickCam Color

Wed, 09 Jul 1997 00:06:56 +0200

Roberto Del Bianco wrote:
> >Note that You bought the wrong cam. Just for the Quickcam b/w, the
> >protocol specifications are open for anybody, so that people may
> >build drivers for other os.
> So only BW QuickCam can be used by other o.s.? And what happens with > =
OS/2? Is
> my VCam compatible for it? (it could be an idea for me, to reinstall=20
> bad old OS/2 Warp package instead of Windows 3.1...)
> But how DOS/Win Cu-Seeme packages do recognize both Quickam and VCam? >=
Isn't it a sign of hardware compatibility?
By design, many hardware drivers of WIN 3.1 don=B4t work with OS/2 (e.g.
the MS VISUAL C++ debugger drivers). So if Your WIN 3.1 drivers of Your
VCAM don=B4t work with OS/2, You are lost !

Again, try to get the original Quickcam driver disks and try to run Your
VCAM with it. If that works, Your cam is hardware-compatible, else it is
not. But Your cam is color, the Quickcam is b/w, so... I don=B4t think so.

Sincerely
Rolf
--=20
/ / / Alone on the data highway...
/ / like on an allee in Hannover-Herrenhausen
/ / / Rolf Hemmerling, Germany
/ / http://home.pages.de/~rolf.hemmerling/