Re: Connection type

Mark L. Bardenwerper (bardenwe@vbe.com)
Sun, 17 Aug 1997 21:08:15 -0500

Mark Rogerson wrote:

> Hi All,
> I have just recently started to use CU-seeme and I like it. So far
> I have only used it with a reflector. My question is this - I work just a
> few miles from my home and I have computers both places, is there a
> connection I can make between the two computers (over the phone line but
> through the Internet) that I could then use CUseeme across? Would a
> client-server connection work? Wincom? I haven't learned computers from the
> ground up, so there are a lot of gaps in my understanding of how things
> work.
> I do have a second question of lesser concern. The picture quality
> on my "local video window" is not near as nice as the video I receive. Is
> this normal? Or is it because I am using Quickcam2 set on 256 grays?
> Thanks for your help,
> Mark
It's easy. Both computers should have CU running. Using ICQ
http://www.mirabilis.com/products.html , or some other means, obtain the
IP of the computer you wish to connect to. Keep in mind that this
changes for most people each time they connect. Then punch in that # to
DC (direct connect). No reflector is needed for one-on-one.
Your local video window doesn't look as good as the pictue you are
transmitting. Don't worry about it.