Re: use printer port 2

Sun, 17 Aug 1997 23:52:34 +0200

James Meuse wrote:
>=20
> Is it possible to assign in some manner CuSeeMe to use printer port
> 2.This would eliminate Having to use a switch box.Tnx > jimmeuse@erols.=
com
If You are using WIN95 or WFW3.1 or WIN3.1.. please continue reading:

If You are using a Quickcam - then it *should* work on any printer
port (although I did not succeed, at first). You may try with the cam
capture software, not with CU-SEEME. In fact, I don=B4t understand the
algorithm by which the Quickcam driver is looking (shall look) for a
cam.

Nevertheless, this is the QUICKCAM.INI file in Your Windows directory.
Probably it works if You modify the LPT line.

[quickcam]
LPT=3D0
AutoBrightness=3D0
Brightness=3D159
WhiteBalance1=3D51
Contrast=3D105
Xfermode=3D3

truckerx wrote:
> I would first check to make sure that your computer has the IRQ
> resources left to handle another function such as the card you mention,
> before you buy it.
> BPM

In case of trouble install for LPT1 first (LPT=3D0), and then change
the entry manually for LPT2 (LPT=3D1), reconnect the cam to LPT2 and
boot WIN again.

This all means that the Quickcam driver does not make use of interrupts.
If this is true, it works. If not, You *must* address an interrupt
(probably 7) to the LPT2 port. I don=B4t think so, though.

CU-SEEME and *printing* - is there any printing function in any version
? The default printer is assigned by the System Manager of Windows.

If You own a different digital cam for the parallel port, please=20
look for its initialisation file, or look for parameters in the
WIN95 registry... uhhhhhhhh :-(=20

Btw, the COMPRO Digcam allows You to share a printer and the cam the
same printer port. Nice for WIN95, WFW3.11 and WIN 3.1, but bad for
LINUX or any other os (if there is a driver source out some day).

I don=B4t own a MAC. But if You own a PC and meant a totally different
matter, then please ask again.

Sincerely
Rolf
--=20
/ / / Alone on the data highway...
/ / like on an allee in Hannover-Herrenhausen
/ / / Rolf Hemmerling, Germany
/ / http://home.pages.de/~rolf.hemmerling/