Re: use printer port 2

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Mon, 18 Aug 1997 21:59:23 -0500

jimmeuse@erols.com
>If You are using WIN95 or WFW3.1 or WIN3.1.. please continue reading:
>
>If You are using a Quickcam - then it *should* work on any printer
>port (although I did not succeed, at first). You may try with the cam
>capture software, not with CU-SEEME. In fact, I don=B4t understand the
>algorithm by which the Quickcam driver is looking (shall look) for a
>cam.

FYI from http://www.crynwr.com/qcpc/re.html

"When the processor is not actively managing the QC, the QC emits a 5 Hz
stream of ones and zeroes. This is probably how they detect which parallel
port has the QC -- just monitor all of the parallel ports and pick the one
that's wiggling. "

Lots more interesting Quickcam info at this page:

http://www.crynwr.com/qcpc/

and here's another page with some interesting Quickcam info:

http://www.kabel.de/~hmueller/qc/