Re: CU-SeeMe Gray Codec and the Connectix Color QuickCam

Tue, 26 Aug 1997 14:17:16 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 26 Aug 1997, Jay Schuster wrote:
> Oddness: Under Windows 3.1, I could never get the *color* codec to
> work -- I always had to use CU-SeeMe Grey Codec. Using the color codec
> would give me a psychedelic local video window. Now, under Windows 95,
> the color codec works perfectly, but I can not use the CU-SeeMe Grey
> Codec -- I just get a blank, grey, local video screen.

My only guess is that it's some sort of palette problem running at 256
colors. Make sure you're running at least 16-bit color to avoid the
problems with the palette. Also make sure you have your video capture
device is set to the right format (use the Video Format preference). I
have to have my tv/cap card set to 15-bit RGB for it to work right using
the Cornell CU-SeeMe Gray codec.