Re: Reflector troubleshooting and issues?

Wed, 27 Aug 1997 18:13:02 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 27 Aug 1997, John Pettit wrote:
> I'm planning the installation and maintenance of a CU-SeeMe Reflector
> (2.1) site and wanted to research some of the issues and potential
> problems that i may encounter. Are there any good sites out there
> that list potential issues in conflicting hardware, software? General
> troubleshooting issues/workarounds? Or has anyone had any experience
> with implementation and care to share their knowledge?

I'd stay away from the 2.1 reflector running on NT. From what I've heard
and seen, it's very buggy and crashes quite a lot. The GUI always crashed
me (but then I'm on Win95, not NT) I don't know of any problems with the
hardware you listed, but I'd go with Brian Godette's Enhanced Reflector.
It doesn't seem to be bugridden like White Pine's reflector and best of
all, it's free. http://www.dimensional.com/~bgodette for information
about it.

As an aside note...I just watched another popular reflector switch from
White Pine's buggy windows reflector to Brian Godette's reflector because
they got tired of all the inconsistencies and bad support from White Pine.
The reflector operator even beta tested the Meeting Point (3.0) reflector
with the same results (constant crashes).