Re: CU-SeeMe Gray Codec and the Connectix Color QuickCam

Sat, 30 Aug 1997 19:32:09 -0500 (CDT)

On Sat, 30 Aug 1997, Bill Woodland (Squeek) wrote:
> That should also help with CUDOODLE since it also has palette problems with
> 256 colors. I'd like to use CUDOODLE at times, but if I use more than 256
> colors then my CLIPMATE captures are 64k or 16m color BMP files. Do you
> know of any utility that can convert them to jpg correctly?

I know you're a clipmate fan :) but I've tried another capture program
which does relative well. SnagIt/32 is available at
http://www.techsmith.com. I haven't used it much for single captures but
it also allows for video capture of a portion of your screen. I used it
to show one woman how easily her video can be captured as an AVI and then
with CUDoodle, played back with her name on it. High-tech imitation but
from others on a reflector, it's indistiguishable from live video. I've
seen another program called Hypercam which also saves a portion of a
screen to an AVI file but it doesn't look as nice as SnagIt.

With the image capture, SnagIt can save as BMP, PCX, TIF, GIF, or JPG
(with a quality setting for JPG) and also allows for automatic naming so
you don't have to enter a name for each time you hit the hotkey to
capture.

If you just want to convert them, any graphics program should be able to
read it in then save as another format.