Re: Fwd: Re: Cu-SeeMe 3.1 Mac Cannot Connect

Sat, 30 Aug 1997 21:34:46 -0500 (CDT)

I'm CC'ing this to the list since it may help others.

On Sat, 30 Aug 1997 davide@borg.com wrote:
> Does this help?:
>
> "Connection failed because the reflector disconnected"
>
> The Debug Messages are:

<mysterious debug calls deleted>

> Max Transmission Rate :28
> Min Transmision Rate :10
> Max Reception Rate :28

These three are right...but the next one isn't

> Min Reception Rate :29

Most reflectors enforce a min reception rate of 10 or less. It sounds
like 3.1 is somehow setting the min reception to 29 kbps. It doesn't look
like you can set the rates on a per reflector basis without adding a
contact card for the reflector (unlike the freeware win95 0.92b2 version).
I'd try adding a contact card for the reflector then manually setting the
transmission and receive rates. Without playing with the program I don't
know what the problem is so it's all speculation but that's what it
appears to be if those ratings listed in the debug are the ones the client
is reporting to the reflector.