Re: WP 2.1.1 strangeness

Mon, 3 Aug 1998 15:00:43 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 3 Aug 1998, Jerry Singleton wrote:
> Here I am with another strange report. I have noticed that with WP 2.1.1,
> within a DC, there are times where the video and text chat just disappear.

This isn't just a problem on 2.1.1, but on all the clients I've seen.
Usually this happens when someone has a send rate more than you can
receive. Setting their max send to 28 will do this eventually. I've
always guessed that this was because there was no bandwidth for them to
send OC packets to you. If they don't send OC packets to you ever so
often, they'll drop out of your participants list. If it continues for
another minute or two, the connection should timeout.

The problem is usually either incorrect rates (too high of send rates) or
you're on a bad connection that can't support their rates (whatever they
may be). That's just my guess though. I used to have that problem a lot.
Once I told the person I'm DC'd with to lower their rates, it stopped
happening.