Re: International use of CU-Seeme

Wed, 5 Aug 1998 17:27:18 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 5 Aug 1998, Fernando Piazza wrote:
> Can I achieve some good results using CU-Seeme / NetMeeting and the Internet?
> Is this pratical in any sense?
>
> Have anyone done this?
> How much bandwidth should I specify for each point? Is 56 KBaud enough?

56kbps may be enough for the end points (though not if you want high
audio quality and high frame rates for video. You'll also need a
reflector of some sort to connect to that has more bandwidth than 56kbps.
It's doable..but what role do you want Netmeeting to play in it? If you
want interoperability between CU-SeeMe and Netmeeting and don't need the
chat window, you're stuck to using MeetingPoint. It's expensive to buy
yourself though you can probably rent time on other MPCS servers.