Re: Reflector audio problem

Wed, 12 Aug 1998 17:27:26 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 12 Aug 1998, Liz Henry wrote:
> I have the reflector set up on a Sun Sparc 4, SunOS 5.6 - Solaris 3.6.

Actually, SunOs 5.6 = Solaris 2.6

> When clients (Mac and/or PC) connect to the reflector, they can see each
> other, but can't hear each other's audio. Refmon shows that they are
> connected to each other, and the logfile shows that each client is
> speaking and that packets are being sent.
>
> The reflector version is 4.00B3.

There's part of the problem...You didn't mention which versions of
CU-SeeMe you are using, but I'm not sure if the 4.0B3 Cornell reflector
supports audio codecs other than Intel DVI, Delta-Mod, and the ones in the
Cornell Mac client. I know 4.0B3 can only handle grayscale vid. If
you're using Enhanced CU, try selecting Delta-Mod or Intel DVI.

The best bet is to go to http://www.dimensional.com/~bgodette/ and grab
Brian Godette's Enhanced Reflector which DOES support color vid and other
audio codecs.