Re: win98 and connectix problem

Sun, 16 Aug 1998 13:47:04 -0500 (CDT)

On Sun, 16 Aug 1998, antonio chavez wrote:
> When i run cu-seeme i get the message:
> "Bt848: Failure loading VxD driver"
> I double checked to driver in system.ini
> msvideo=quickcam.drv

It looks like you have the remains of some other Brooktree capture device
(Bt848 = Brooktree chipset used by a few capture cards..I know the STB
uses it as well as the Hauppauge capture cards).

You didn't mention the version of CU-SeeMe you're using. It sounds like
an older Cornell version which doesn't have the ability to switch capture
devices (Or the Brooktree device is the first one CU is finding). Make
sure you're using the 1.0 version (http://topdeals.com/cu) then try using
View -> Preferences -> Video -> selecting the Quickcam from the list of
Capture Devices at the bottom.

> I also checked the control panel, for multimedia and the
> video capture divice: quickcam

Alternatively, Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Multimedia ->
Advanced -> video capture devices. It should show the other Brooktree
device there. Double click it and disable it and try CU again.

> The camera works fine (standalone) if i run it with the connectix
> software...

The Connectix software is trained to look for the Quickcam directly...not
any generic capture device as CU-SeeMe is.

> PS. cu-seeme connects perfcectly to reflectors, but i can4t
> send or recive video.

An invalid capture device shouldn't prevent you from receiving video..just
sending it.