Re: Help with Connectix quickcam VC

Sun, 16 Aug 1998 13:41:07 -0500 (CDT)

On Sun, 16 Aug 1998, Gerald J. Ginty wrote:
> I have a connectix quickcam VC. It seems that every time I try to connect
> to someone, I can receive their video but not mine. Any help getting this
> going would be much appreciated.
>
> Also, I connect to someone who uses the same version as me, and they see me
> listed as a lurker..

You didn't mention the version of CU-SeeMe that you're using, but it
sounds like the Cornell version. Make sure you have 1.0 from
http://topdeals.com/cu. The Quickcam VC seems to have a tendency to
default to QCIF resolution which CU doesn't understand. Use View ->
Preferences -> View -> click the Video Format button and select a
resolution of 160x120. That should bring your local vid screen up.