Re: Macintosh/CU problem

Mon, 17 Aug 1998 15:26:51 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 17 Aug 1998, john wrote:
> I have a Mac 6500. I'm using Connectix color cam. I just downloaded and
> installed White Pine's enhanced 2.0 version of CU.
> I also got a message about not being able to find or load the
> appropriate Codec (greys) or the appropriate digitizer.
> In order to try to resolve the problem, I deleted all of the CU files on my
> hard drive. I deleted all of the files in the preferences folder that
> related to CU or White Pine.

I believe the codecs in the Mac version are all extensions. Did you
delete the codecs from Extensions? Also, the 2.0.0 version is extremely
buggy and can't view MJPEG which most seem to use. Right now, you're
stuck to trying the White Pine 3.1.1 version (http://www.wpine.com) until
Martyne can get her act together for a Cornell release. The Cornell
version should have no problems seeing B&W since it's embedded inside the
application. The errors sound like an extension conflict somewhere, but I
never understood all the cryptic Mac errors. :)