Re: Port Address on routers / Intel Business video conferencing cameras

Mon, 24 Aug 1998 19:56:15 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 24 Aug 1998, Woodard, Don wrote:
> Does anyone know what Port address on a router the Cu-SeeMe product will run
> across out to the internet?  I have version .92b2.

If it's a NAT router, then there's not much you can do. CU doesn't work
well thru NAT or most proxies. As far as ports, the Cornell version
should just be using UDP port 7648. I'd suggest upgrading to the 1.0
version at http://topdeals.com/cu so you can do color (which may fix your
problems with your capture card. If you do, then 1.0 can use TCP port
7648 outgoing to get the conference selection menu.

As far as your camera/cap card goes, Use View -> Preferences -> Video ->
Video Format to try and change the format to RGB8 or RGB15/16 (sometimes
referred to as 8-bit RGB or 15/16-bit RGB) or YUV9 (YVU9, Indeo Raw). If
your card only wants to do 24-bit RGB, grab the Cornell 1.0 version and a
color codec (also available at the above URL). Also make sure the
resolution is set to either 160x120 or 320x240.

If that doesn't work, you can try Softcam (http://www.softcam.com) to try
and translate your vid in real-time and see what happens. You can also
get the White Pine version (http:/www.wpine.com) which should be able to
translate a lot more formats. Softcam and the White Pine Enhanced version
of CU are commercial products with demos available.