Re: Connection problem

Tom Prugh (taprugh@cpcug.org)
Sun, 30 Aug 1998 20:12:08 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_0033_01BDD452.76E27000

My Windows 98 system has a STB TV viewer with the Brooktree Bt848 =
capture device and the=20
CuSeeMe Cornell 1.0 version installed. In order to use one or the other =
I have to go to
/settings/multimedia/devices and click on Video Capture Devices and =
activate one or the=20
other of the capture devices. To use CuSeeme, double click on MSVideo =
BrookTree Bt848=20
capture device and choose: Do not use this video capture device.
OK, OK. Then double click QuickCam video capture driver and choose Use =
this video
capture device. OK, OK, OK. I didn't have to reboot my system. To =
activate the
TV device go through the reverse of the process.
-----Original Message-----
From: Val Wallmark <val@datasync.com>
To: CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu <CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu>
Date: Friday, August 28, 1998 3:06 PM
Subject: Connection problem
=20
I cannot connect to any reflector using CU-SeeMe V1.0.
=20
Using -=20
=20
Windows 98
Pentium MMX 233
Diamond Viper 330
STB TVPCI (for capture) using win98 drivers (Brooktree 848 =
chipset)
Supra Express V.90 Modem
=20
=20
CU-SeeMee Settings -
=20
Capture Device - MSVIDEO: Brooktree Bt848 Capture Driver
Codec Intel Indeo 3.2, 4.1, 5.0
Video Format - 24 bit RGB
=20
Symptoms -=20
=20
1 Select a connection from phone book
2 Visually confirm data sent and recvd form connection tray =
icon
3 Active conference window opens
4 Select a conference
5 Visually confirm data being sent ( 5-7 packets @ 1/sec )
6 CU-SeeMe info window opens with the following : Unable to =
connect to "IP Address"
7 No connection is made
=20
I have attempted connection with and without sending video, with =
the various indeo codecs, various transmission rates, various =
reflectors, If i try the Black and White codec, I get an "Unsupported =
Video Mode" error message and Cu-SeeMe crashes.
=20
Any help would be appreciated.
=20
Thanks - Val Wallmark
=20

------=_NextPart_000_0033_01BDD452.76E27000

My Windows 98 system has a STB TV = viewer with=20 the Brooktree Bt848 capture device and the
CuSeeMe = Cornell 1.0 version=20 installed.  In order to use one or the other I have to go = to
/settings/multimedia/devices and click on Video = Capture=20 Devices and activate one or the
other of  the capture devices.  To use = CuSeeme,=20 double click on MSVideo BrookTree Bt848
capture device and choose:  Do not use this = video capture=20 device.
OK, OK.   Then double click QuickCam video = capture=20 driver and choose Use this video
capture device.  OK, OK, OK.  I didn't = have to=20 reboot my system.   To activate the
TV device go through the reverse of the = process.
-----Original=20 Message-----