Re: basics basics basics

Michael Sattler, San Francisco (EST)
Thu, 1 Dec 1994 21:54:09 -0500

At 17:20 12/1/94, Steve Powell wrote:

>I've gotten the nice NASA pictures....but the audio is VERY choppy.

How are you connecting to the net? Specifically, I'm wondering if your
connection is up to the task of getting the audio thru. You'll need at
least 32KB throughput after all the transmission overhead is counted.

>1. What are the best times to FIND people???? (I'm in Seattle....and FROM
>Minn. so you will need to explain time differences to me [ALL my relatives
>STILL ask "what time is it out there?"].

My last reorganization of the reflector list (by country) was intended to
help with this problem. Locate countries near you and they'll be near the
time you're in. Pick something on the other side of the world and it'll be
8pm next Tuesday. (Or something like that, Simon was trying to explain it
to me. :-)

Also, geochron software shows a map of the world with time zones and where
day and night is. This is absolutely invaluable, even for non-CU-SeeMe
users. Mac users can get a shareware geochron at:

grivel.une.edu.au:/pub/ham-radio/funet/dx/software/mac/WorldClockLite.sit.hqx

Michael Sattler <msattler@jungle.com> All that's required |
Digital Jungle Consulting Services for evil to triumph |
San Francisco, California is for {wo}men of good |
http://www.wco.ftp.com/~msattler/ will to do nothing. |