New Years Eve Party!

Ian Simmins (EST)
Fri, 2 Dec 1994 10:44:34 -0500

On Wed, 30 Nov 1994 13:30:05, atn@uwasa.fi (Anita Nuopponen) wrote:

>Thanks to everybody who visited us today!
>
>CU-SeeMe was actually covered by two local radio stations today
>instead of one!!!
>

>One of the reporters suggested a world wide party, e.g. on
>new year's eve:-)
>
> - Anita Nuopponen
>--

To all you CU-SeeMers across the world,

I think a world wide party on new year's eve would be a great idea! The
difference in time zones would enable us to celebrate the coming of the new
year many times.

Having no experience of transmitting as I only have a receiving PC (at the
moment ;-) there are bound to be technicalities I am ignorant of - possible
problems? The kbps rates would have to be controlled (?) so that everyone
has a fair crack of the whip. If there really are any bandwidth killjoys
out there, it only happens once a year!

If the following sounds romantic, tough! :-) I'm really excited by the
potential of this idea and I would really like to see it happen.

As all of you using a modem link in the UK will appreciate, as the event
will be at the weekend it will mean reduced phone charges, even more reason
to do it. :-) So, would it be possible? I'm just throwing Anita's idea
into the hat and seeing if any fluffy rabbits come out. :-) To keep the
ideas circulating please reply to the list, I'll probably be cursed at now
for clogging it up!

Actually, if CUSM is used for this it will happen more than once a year. :-)
We have the potential, so why don't we use it?

Ian.

PS Thanks to Anita for introducing the idea.

* * *
Ian Simmins, England. damien666@easynet.co.uk

"Acquire new knowledge whilst thinking over the old,
and you may become a teacher of others."
-Confucius (551-479 BC)