Re: TIMES

Geoff Rehn (jpulver@cantor.com)
Sat, 3 Dec 1994 22:29:55 -0500

Allan:

I agree.

Let's try to adopt GMT as a standard for all major "events". Perhaps
we could announce the time of the event in both the local time and
GMT.

73's

Jeff Pulver, jpulver@cantor.com
WA2BOT

Subject: TIMES
Author: T.Palmer@mailbox.uq.oz.au at Internet
Date: 12/3/94 10:11 PM

At the risk of upsetting my American collegues may I make a suggestion.
CUSEEME is now world wide and there are some very interesting broadcasts.
To many of us 'the other side of the world' 12:00 CST means nothing.

As an experienced radio 'ham' can I plead for times of broadcasts to be
quoted in terms of universal time ( UTC ) alias Grenwich mean time ( GMT
). You can of course put the local time as well <G>.

How about it.

***** Allan Palmer - Brisbane - Australia *****
***** Senior Registrar / Lecturer Anaesthesiology *****
***** T.Palmer@mailbox.uq.oz.au *****