Re: PC(IBM) QuickScam??

Michael Sattler, San Francisco (EST)
Mon, 5 Dec 1994 23:48:59 -0500

At 20:10 12/5/94, Adam Doti wrote:
>Hello all, I am new to the list and I just had a few questions.
>This quickscam camera, do i understand you correctly you don't need a video
>in board to hook it up. Does it just go into a serial or Comm port.

THAT'S the best typo I've seen in ages. It's called the QuickCam. But I
like your spelling better.

>Also my other question is does anybody out there have a PC they are running
>this thing on? If so where can I buy a quickscam for IBM compat?

There is no such thing as a Connectix QuickCam for IBM, nor do I believe
that Connectix will be making one. I heard someone say that they hacked a
camera to work with a PC, but I don't remember any details. Probably
you'll have to get a video board and a low-cost camera. There are many
good PC users here to give you a hand.

Digital Jungle Consulting Services http://www.wco.ftp.com/~msattler/ |

"The Best is Always Cheapest" - John C. Douglas Vitreous Ware |