Re: PowerBook vs. QuickCam 1.0.1

Michael Sattler, San Francisco (EST)
Tue, 6 Dec 1994 13:32:06 -0500

At 06:49 12/6/94, Jud Elliott wrote:

>Extensive testing leads to the following conclusion:
>
> The revised QuickCam extensions (1.0.1) are PowerBook hostile.

I have only 1.0, so if you compress and send them to me I'll confirm.

>I plan to use the PCMCIA port as a modem port and the PowerBook
>modem/pronter port for the QuikCam. Has anyone done this yet? Are there
>any hints/gotcha's to use/avoid.

Because both the PowerPC daughterboard and the PCMCIA cage want to
exclusively use the processor-direct slot (PDS), you can't use both. I'm
saving myself for the former.

Digital Jungle Consulting Services http://www.wco.ftp.com/~msattler/ |

"The Best is Always Cheapest" - John C. Douglas Vitreous Ware |