Re: QuickCam frame-rate

Robert Munafo (munafo@vgi.com)
Wed, 7 Dec 1994 14:31:54 -0500

The change from a 60-watt bulb to 75 won't make any difference. You need
at least the brightness of an overcast day outdoors (or indoors
with direct sunlight coming in a window). In terms of light bulbs, I think
that would correspond to 1000 watts (incandescent) or maybe 500 watts
fluorescent. Then you should be able to turn the brightness down to 50
or so, which is enough to ensure that it is not a limiting factor for frame
rate.

On another note, I should have mentioned that the use of QuickCam audio
will also reduce the frame rate. The audio from the QuickCam has to come
through the same serial line as the video. If you get audio from another
source (like the Mac's built-in audio) it shouldn't be a factor.

Robert P. Munafo munafo@vgi.com
mrob@world.std.com
rpm%mrob@ursa-major.spdcc.com